Jea Hawkins writes sweet and spicy contemporary lesbian romance. As Lucy True she writes paranormal romance and urban fantasy with lesbian main characters. Her historical / contemporary romance, As Long As Love Lasts, has been nominated for a GCLS Literary Award.
Regardless of genre, if love conquers all, then she’d like to think her heroines can rule the world one day. An east coast transplant to the Midwest, she loves to write about complicated women and settings that feel like home.
Personal addictions include genealogy, autumn, cozy sweaters, hot chocolate, and the Sims 3. She’s both an avid reader and gamer, and hopes readers don’t mind a few geeky references here and there in her work.
Random Facts & FAQ
- Even though I’m in my forties, I can still put both of my legs behind my head (useless talent, really).
- Puzzles are how I work through stress. I prefer brand new puzzles, so I can dump them out on the floor, toss the box aside, and put them together. The more difficult the puzzle, the better.
- I also cross-stitch.
- If you get me started talking about genealogy, I won’t. Ever. Stop.
- I play D&D every Saturday night.
- Sims3 and Sid Meier’s Civ V are my favorite ways to procrastinate.
- I’m named after a literary character, but Jea is the middle name of someone who has the same first name as me… but hates it and thus goes by her middle name! She’s someone I worked with and admire greatly. And she’s from Canada, eh!